What is Spaghetti Squash?
Spaghetti squash is a type of winter squash that is named for its stringy, spaghetti-like flesh. It is typically yellow or orange in color, with an oblong shape and a hard outer rind. When cooked, the flesh of the spaghetti squash can be easily scraped out into long, thin strands that resemble spaghetti noodles. It is often used as a low-carb and gluten-free alternative to traditional pasta and can be prepared in a variety of ways, including roasted, steamed, or sautéed. Spaghetti squash is a good source of fiber, vitamin C, and potassium.
How to Cook Spaghetti Squash in Ninja Foodi?
Sure, here’s a recipe on how to cook spaghetti squash in a Ninja Foodi:
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 cup of water
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and stringy bits.
- Season the squash halves with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the Ninja Foodi pot and place the trivet in the pot.
- Place the seasoned spaghetti squash halves on the trivet, and cut the side up.
- Close the Ninja Foodi lid and set the pressure valve to “seal.”
- Press the “pressure cook” button and set the time to 8 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, do a quick release by turning the pressure valve to “vent.”
- Open the Ninja Foodi lid and use a fork to scrape the spaghetti squash flesh into long strands.
- Serve the spaghetti squash with your favorite sauce or toppings.
Enjoy your delicious and healthy spaghetti squash cooked in a Ninja Foodi!
If you don’t have a ninja foodie for making this recipe, you can purchase it from Amazon by clicking on this image
Ninja FD401 Foodi 12-in-1 Deluxe XL 8 qt. Pressure Cooker & Air Fryer that Steams, Slow Cooks, Sears, Sautés, Dehydrates & More, with 5 qt. Crisper Basket, Deluxe Reversible Rack & Recipe Book, Silver