Here’s a recipe for cooking a Tomahawk steak by Gordon Ramsay:
- 1 Tomahawk steak (approximately 2-3 pounds)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Olive oil
- Take the Tomahawk steak out of the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for 1 hour before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Rub the steak with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Crush the garlic cloves with the flat side of a knife and remove the skins. Rub the garlic all over the steak.
- Pick the leaves from the sprigs of thyme and sprinkle them over the steak.
- Heat a large, oven-safe skillet over high heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet.
- Once the skillet is hot, carefully place the steak in the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until a crust forms.
- Add a few pats of butter to the skillet and baste the steak with the melted butter for a minute or two.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and cook for 10-12 minutes for medium-rare, or until the internal temperature reaches 130°F (54°C).
- Remove the skillet from the oven and let the steak rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
You can boil steak with salt and crushed black pepper. When all water is reduced and the meat looks tender and soft. You follow instructions no 3 to 10. If you like, it’s according to your choice.
Enjoy your delicious Tomahawk steak!